Thursday, August 6, 2009

Weeds?



Weeds? Are they a nuisance?
What do they become?
Left alone, growing.
Weeds? Are they nothing?
What do they hide?
Growing, in the midst of weeds, growing.
A treasure. Beauty.
Almost missed it.
Trying for neatness.
Cutting away.
Cutting away beauty in the midst of weeds.
Beauty, missed by many.
Seen by a few.
A rainbow in a sea of green.
Knowing all along what would become if left alone to bloom;
He placed them there.
To glorify, For pleasure, For a purpose.
But they are weeds....just as we.
~stephanie thompson

Songs 2:12 The flowers appear on the earth.
Ecc 3:11 He has made everything beautiful in it's time.






2 comments:

grammyof13 said...

--OK Steph, you didn't answer me before - but I'm suspecting another of your talents has come out of hiding. (in the weeds maybe!!)

Great - keep writing. I enjoy.

baseball boys said...

I did answer you before...did you miss it? Yes, I do write. Just decided to post some. Tom says I should write a book, he'd read it...I told him he would not...he doesn't read books...he's just sucking up! LOL