Thursday, August 13, 2009

Meteor Shower




Last night the boys, my parents, & I set out on an adventure to watch the Perseids Meteor Shower. As a child, I remember my parents loading me up in the car at 3 o'clock in the morning to go sit out at the fairgrounds parking lot to watch a meteor shower. We took a blanket & lay on the hood of the car to watch the "falling stars". I wanted to take the boys to do the same & last night was the perfect opportunity to do so. We traveled & found a good location, lay on beach towels, & watched the sky. The boys were amazed to see the meteor shower. They had never seen anything like it & had lots of fun. Chandler heard a dying body in a ditch crying 'help me' of course some drunk teenagers dumped it there...according to Clay's sources anyway. Chandler also says he also saw Moth Man...if you don't know who Moth Man is, then you should google him...he's from West Virginia, but he obviously made an appearance in Central AR last night. We all agree that it would have been much better to watch the shower from the cabin where there are absolutely no city lights, but we couldn't make it up there last night. We had fun anyway. We laughed & saw some really amazing sights. We talked about how God placed the stars in the sky & knows them by name! We could see for miles & saw only a glimpse of this amazing universe! God is amazing!

No comments: