Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Red Woves Scrimmage

Clay running. He's the one with the long white shirt. Their uniforms aren't in yet!
Clay on the bench with his coach looking at his thumb!
Clay on the line. He's down & ready!
Clay & some of his teammates before the game!

Clay had his first scrimmage games last Saturday. It was extremely hot, the state was under a heat advisory and it was almost unbearable. He had a great time. Learned a lot. He was run over by a huge kid & injured but I guess that's the breaks of playing football. He said, Mom, the first time I was hit, I think I kind of blacked out & when I cam to a few seconds later, I saw stars. He was face-masked a little later & someone clipped him & he jammed his thumb. As he was on the sideline, he told the coach, I'm so hot I can't breath...He said Mom, the coach said, well take your helmet off! LOL. We have another scrimmage this week & his first official game is on Saturday. Can't wait to see how much they've improved since now they know what it feels like to be plowed over!


No comments: