Thursday, January 1, 2009

2008! What a Year!

As you reflect this past year what do you focus on? The negative or positive? I choose to reflect on the positive. I could name countless things that have happened that weren't so great...but I choose as Philippians 4: 8 says Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. That being said, I will share the good reports and give praise to God. And we'll leave the negative less focused upon.

In January Tom & I went to Puerto Rico, St. Kitts, & St. Martin. It was a present to me from Tom & a great cruise that was loads of fun. Tom is so great at making trips happen. In July, we traveled with the boys & one of their friends to Pensacola and spent a fun week on the beach. We took several trips to Branson as well.

This is our 2nd year of being debt free...minus the house, 1 car payment, & cabin, which to me are bills that are just givens like utilities. That, my friends, is truly a blessing. To not be laden with debt is absolutely wonderful. We've accomplished a lot this year too. We're almost 90% finished with the cabin which started off as an empty shell. We've redesigned and cedar-lined my closet. It's awesome, & I love it. Thanks Tom! We redesigned Chandler & Clay's closets too & only have Tom's left to go. We had a complete X-treme Garage Make-over & now have lots of organized space in there. We're still trying to figure out how to park the Yukon & the Jeep in there w/5 bicycles hanging from the ceiling, but I think we'll eventually get there. At least the Yukon fits.

Tom started a job with a new company, & he's been extremely successful bringing in new clients and accomplishing his work goals. I'm in my second year of business with a dear friend with Enrichment Academy. We've doubled our enrollment & God has truly blessed & protected us in that endeavor. The boys are still home schooled & are successful in their studies. I'm proud of their accomplishments and of them.

We celebrated Tom's Grandfather's 100th birthday. That can't be said by everyone for sure! In fact, I don't know a single soul (outside this family) who's attended a 100th birthday party! Tom purchased a new tractor & bush hog to use at the cabin. Tom ran his first 1/2 and full marathon.

We have done so much more & been involved in so many more things that I can't begin to list them all. I don't want to give the impression that we haven't had trying, depressing, painful, & stressful times or that everything in our life is perfect; however I choose to think and focus on the good things. God is Good! He has truly blessed our family. He keeps us, sustains us, protects us, & loves us.

As we start our new year, we've talked about our goals and what we want to accomplish for 2009 individually & corporately. I have a list already, and none of them include the top 10 I saw on the news the other day. I know that we can accomplish anything, and that God will guide us and direct us as we follow Him. I will leave you with this blessing to remind you of what has already been happening in your life...even if you may have temporarily forgotten....The LORD bless you and keep you; The LORD make His face shine upon you, And be gracious to you; The LORD lift up His countenance upon you, And give you peace. (Numbers 6:24-26).

Blessings from our family to yours in 2009!

No comments: