Friday, November 21, 2008

Days Gone By





I've been looking through photos from days gone by. I found this one of Christmas several years ago; maybe 4-5 years ago. The whole family met at Camp Kahoka for our Christmas. The kids made ornaments for the tree, & we cooked & ate, played games, visited & laughed. It was picture perfect because snow fell during the night & the kids had a blast. We all went on a hike, snow was falling, & I took this picture of my mom & 3 of her sisters. Christmas and Thanksgiving is different now because Grandma & Grandpa have passed on, but the memories of years gone by will always linger in our minds. Memories of Grandma's white flocked tree, that Todd & I thumped the snow from. The silver tinsel tree that had the rotating red, blue, & green light to "create an atmosphere" I suppose. Grandma's home-made carmel corn, her peanut brittle, and all the presents. The good times. The fun times. The times we were together. I pray that your holiday season is filled with happy times and good memories of days gone by.



No comments: