Sunday, December 4, 2011

Mismatched Socks

Life is full of so many different things.  The good, the bad, the ugly, the fun, the not-so-fun. But in the whole scheme of things, life is pretty much what we make it.  Are we happy?  Truly have joy?  Happiness is really not about the situations or circumstances in our life, but how we handle them and understand that those things are just temporal and that we can truly be happy even during the times in life that don't bring happiness.  We can have a sense of knowing that all will be well.  We can have a peace that God is going to work things out for our good if we seek Him and serve Him and love Him.

I've gone through a lot of things in my life that weren't so fun or good or lovely and while going through them wasn't all that great, I have been given a peace that passes all comprehensible understanding that God was going to take care of me simply because He is God and He is good and his mercy endures forever.  He allows in His wisdom what He could easily prevent by His power.  He allows things in our life to help us to grow in our Christian walk with Him; if we are wise enough to realize He is trying to help us grow.

We have to understand that even if life gives us mismatched socks, we can look at it one of two ways. Negatively or positively.  First, that woe is me, my socks don't match and one is tall and one is short and what am I going to go. Or we can choose to see the good in the midst of whatever we're facing. And that while my socks don't match and one is tall and one is short, well, at least I have two and they don't have holes in them and they are fulfilling their purpose.

I never discount what someone is going through, but I do want to encourage you to take a good look at your problems and find the good your life and even in your problems, learn what God has for you to learn & be grateful for mismatched socks! You never know where they will take you.............


©Stephanie Thompson





No comments: