Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Cows Come Home

Back in October, we purchased a cow. He's being fed out right now, & he will soon find his way into our freezer.  This is a first for us and a new adventure, but hopefully we'll be able to save a little money in the long run.  A friend of mine was telling me about buying a cow and it sounded intriguing so she brought me some of her beef to try.  It was absolutely delicious! Very lean and wonderful.  The ground beef she gave me didn't even have to be drained when I browned it.  I asked around and another friend's father actually buys and sells cows and so the process began.  We made a trip out to choose the cow we wanted.  Clay made the final choice.  A few days after Christmas, we will be picking up a whole lot of beef.  My parents & our freezers will be full since we're splitting the cost!  I'll have to let you know how our purchase tastes.  We're excited about it!



2 comments:

wockley said...

Hmmm...Is it not difficult eating the cow after you've kinda lived with him & formed some sort of a relationship?

baseball boys said...

no, we had no relationship. He lived with the person who owned him until he was taken to slaughter, we just bought him for the beef.