Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Clay's First Game








Tonight Clay played his first game of live-arm baseball. He played 2nd base & had a great time. His team won 8-3.

Papa came to watch Clay tonight. It was nice for me to have someone to watch the game with. Tom was in Houston. Chandler was at his own practice. Grammy was singing. My family (Mom, Dad, Jerri, & Graeson) was sick and recovering from surgery & taking care of the sick & unable to be there. So having Papa there really meant something to Clay & to me. It was special that someone took the time just especially for him.

I sat there watching him on deck, I reminisced of how long ago, yet it seems like only yesterday, that Chandler was 9. At that point it really hit me that my little boys are growing up. It was a bitter-sweet moment to realize that what seemed like only yesterday was in reality quite some time ago. It's like you turn around and they've grown. Today I was sent some pictures of Chandler at 9 on deck in a baseball game. Then tonight I took pictures of Clay at 9 on deck in a baseball game. Wow, it's amazing! I'm very thankful for my boys and these times we have together. Every moment is truly a blessing!

1 comment:

patti said...

I love the look on his face in the last pic, he looks like he is having a great time!