Monday, February 4, 2008

Life Just Happens...but that's OK!

This morning I woke with an old song on my mind that was written by Joel Hemphill that I haven't heard in years. As I lay in bed and went through the lyrics, I wondered why I thought of that song...then I got out of bed and life happened. It seems like life has been happening a lot lately. Sometimes you feel like you're riding the bike of life just enjoying the scenery and suddenly your front wheel flies off and you go flying over the handle bars to land on your head. If you're not unconscious, then you're definitely bleeding and in pain. Why it seems like only a few days ago I hugged both of my boys and said you know life really sucks sometimes. Then today happened...oh well I must remember....We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed; (2 Cor. 4:8-9) How we face the challenges of life has much to do with how happy we are at the end of the day. Oh yes, and I must not forget the song that I awoke with....Consider the lilies.

Consider the lilies; they don't toil or spin, And there's not a king with more splendor than them. Consider the sparrows; they don't plant nor sow, But they're fed by the Master who watches them grow.

We have a Heavenly Father above with eyes full of mercy and a heart full of love. He really cares when your head is bowed low; Consider the lilies, then you will know.

May I introduce you to this Friend of mine who hangs out the stars, tells the sun when to shine. And kisses the flowers each morning with dew, but He's not too busy to care about you!

We have a Heavenly Father above with eyes full of mercy and a heart full of love. He really cares when your head is bowed low; Consider the lilies, then you will know. Consider the lilies, then you will know.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I like that song. Thanks for the reminder. Praying life perks up for you!