Monday, September 1, 2008

Holiday Weekend!


As soon as I got off work Friday we hitched up the tractor and headed up to the cabin. It seemed like it took forever to get there but we finally made it. As soon as we arrived I did my final inspection of the "indoor" plumbing and then turned on the water!!!!! That's right, we now have water. I have contracted a local man to dig our water lines and put the septic tank in place. Well, we now have water and the septic tank will be put in it's place this week. (hopefully the rain from Gustav will hold off for him!) I can not tell you how great it feels to have hot water to take a shower in!!!! Oh yeah!!!!

I mowed the property again and burned off some of the debris that was left around. I must say it is slowly but surely getting there. During my cleaning and mowing, I came across two "yellowjacket" nest and I got a little too close!!! I was running around the property like a mad man. Stephanie and the boys were looking at me like I was crazy and later she told me that she and Chandler were saying..." he better not run toward us bringing those things with him"!!!! It wasn't funny at the time, but I wish they would have had a video on me... we might be ten thousand dollars richer!!!!

My next trip will be to complete the plumbing under the cabin as it drains into the septic. Indoor plumbing is a glorious thing.

These pictures are a progression of the land as we have been working on it!!

No comments: